Hats off to the ladies!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Roosurdaddy, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Roosurdaddy

Roosurdaddy Just Hatched

Sep 17, 2016
    So Cal
    I was just out at my coop cleaning the run and one of my leghorns was about to lay. She was running around, in and out of the coop so I closed the coop door for her to help her relax a little. While standing at her side, coaching her in between contractions "HEE, HEE, HEE, HAA, HAA, HAA, like any good Roosurdaddy should when one of his ladies is in labor, I could hear her panting, and pushing until this huge beautiful white double yoker dropped to the nest floor. What a true wonder of nature creation is !!! I know, it's only an egg! But to think about what our beautiful ladies go thru every day, "or every other day", or in 9 months to bring another life to this world. WOW Thank you to all ladies out there for everything you do.[​IMG]

2. cpait

cpait Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2015
    Virginia
    Wow!! Happy day. Must be a great day for eggs. My girls haven't started yet but we just had a 20 minute egg song session. I hope I hope I hope they start soon.

3. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

So exciting....Never gets old when pullets start laying.....My Bantam started last week...Cutest green egg...Now my Danish Brown finally laid her first egg today...She sure was singing about it......

Too funny to hear you sit with them as they lay....Haha! Your a good labour coach.....

Cheers to the Birds!

4. Ljc01

Ljc01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Nipomo, Ca
    [​IMG]

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    It never does get old...especially if you witness the actual laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by