Havarty w/ Dill and Apple Potato Skins

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I just made up a batch of these, I don't hate them... I kinda like 'em... I just think something is missing?

Who wants to give these a try and tell me what they think.

8 Baked Potatoes
Split and remove filling (set aside for a good potato soup or mashed potatoes or whatever!)
Fill with 2 chopped apples (cored and peeled)
Then top with a thick slice of dill havarty cheese
Put under broiler on the lowest rack for about 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and apples are warmed

Serve warm

Now, there should be something to give these a little KICK!?

Havarti
wink.png

BACON! Delicious!

Well, the reason for the recipe is to do something with the 'apples' for a recipe contest. I also don't eat pork... or bacon... so I wasn't trying to add any. But I like your enthusiasm!
big_smile.png

Besides apple, what are the parameters of the contest? Frankly, apples and potatos don't sound like a really good combo, and the dilled Havarti? Nope, not working for me.

All by themselves the elements are wonderful!

Apples......mmmmm yum, cream cheese comes to mind first. But that almost begs to be a dessert.
What about the classic apples and Cheddar?
Puff pastry with apples and ????

Pecans?

Last edited:
This is a sweet free contest! No desserts!

It has to be part of a main meal, appetizer, side or salad.

Last year I did an apple slaw with rhubarb apple vinegarette.... the 2 top winners were pork products!
tongue.png

Anyways, I am entering the pork pot pie I have so far, and I may enter this one too... believe it or not, when I sampled it out to friends and family, it went over nicely. They enjoyed it enough they said that I should serve it again. So This is a 'maybe' recipe to enter too.

I can enter up to 3 recipes ( I have to make these and serve them to judges ) but only 1 can win anything even an honorable mention.

Back
Top Bottom