Have 2 blue silky roos in OKLAHOMA.....

sred98

Songster
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Oklahoma
My FIL ordered some Silkies and 3 of 3 were roos! The crowing is driving him crazy, so he would love to trade them for any type of hen. He doesn't care about breeds or eggs, or eating them. He just wants them to putter around the yard with him. The roos are not fighting, they are just loud and constant! LOL!

He has no idea what kind of chickens there are, so breed doesn't matter. He doesn't care if they lay eggs, or not. Finding one would be a bonus, but not a necessity. He is really just wanting yard pets. He has no dog. He has a cat that is terrified of the chickens, and won't go outside. So, these are his outside pets. He has built them a wonderful little coop named "KFC" (he has a quirky sense of humor) but is worried the neighbors are going to complain about all the noise.

If ANYONE has any hens they would like to trade for the Roos, please PM me. These roos are 5 months old. He got them the end of April. I had thought he had a roo and 2 hens, BUT...the dominant roo (that he is keeping) just matured faster than the other two.

If you PM me, I will give you my contact info. These are the darker blues, not the lighter blues.

Thanks!

Shelly

Where in Oklahoma are you located? I have several mixed pullets that need homes....rooster is a white Columbian Wyandotte over Australorps, RIR, Buff Orp, and Barred Rock hens. The pullets are all really unique looking.

Back
Top Bottom