Have 3 new surprise babies!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marie_martin, Jul 4, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I am so confused. I have been staggering my hatches and thought I did really well at keeping up with the dates. But I moved some eggs to the hatcher yesterday to make room for other eggs, but it was not yet time (or so I thought) to raise humidity. I just moved them so I could have room for more eggs. I had 3 silkies and some button quail that were due to go to the hatcher on the same day, Saturday. So I figure I can move them down there and just turn them a couple of days until Sat. Well I go to turn them this morning and I have silkie babies. So I took them out and they are under the mama broody that had the baby duck. I took the duck and gave it to the mama with the silkie babies since it wants to go with her anyway for some reason. Guess to be with the chicks. So I think it will work out great. The buttons should be hatching any day now. I hope I did not mess the dates up on any of the others. Dang. But what a great surprise. Looks like a black, a blue and a splash??

Will get pics later.

Marie

2. c.wilson

c.wilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2008
    YES PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON THE OTHER EGGS AND THE QUAIL AND SEND US PIC A.S.A.P [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks, I will do that. So far so good. I never upped the humidity and they were all hatched out perfect and no bad navals. I think that I may try that next time too. Just leaving the humidity about the same all the way through. Maybe around here it pays to keep less humidity since it has warmed up so outside and is already humid. Anyway, thanks again. Will post pics as soon as I can. Have to work 9-6 saturday so it will probably be sunday before I can get some pics.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by