Have a good few of these...what are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Princess Lay-a, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Princess Lay-a

Princess Lay-a Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Great Falls
    I have boys and girls, but not sure what breed or mix. Ideas??

[​IMG]

I also have a few of these all gray girls.

[​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Where did you get them? Do you have any idea as to which breeds might be the parents? Just a little help might improve the quality of the guesses a lot.

3. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    They both look like a barred crosses with something else!

4. Princess Lay-a

May 17, 2010
    Great Falls
    Quote:There are BR in the mix and Black Australorps, Leghorns, EEs, Jersey Giants too. I'm not sure of what else though.

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I don't know. The only one I have of your possible breeds is the BA and they and their offspring have legs a lot blacker than the yellow legs in your photo. The body shape on the grey one does not look like a BA to me, especially the head and neck. The body shape on the white one does not look like any of mine either. The feather color and pattern on the white one looks a bit like maybe the BR cross with something with a Columbian gene, maybe one of the EE's? Or maybe a Delaware hen is in the ancestry. Or maybe they are second or third generation crosses of several different breeds. I just don't see anything that tells me anything specific. Sorry.

6. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    The top one looks Delaware.. I am not sure the leg color in that breed but that is what it looks like (male I think) and the second one... The leg color stumps me... Body looks like cuckoo marans and the legs should be whitish for that... but???? a cross perhaps

7. Princess Lay-a

May 17, 2010
    Great Falls
    Quote:Don't Cuckoos lay really dark eggs? That would be something to see if it's a mix!

8. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    the irregular barring and rose comb on number two make me want to say dominique, that being said i got my two doms when they were grown so i never saw them as babies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by