have a look, a week older :)

sparkette65

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
MA/RI border
Ok, I know their just a bit over two weeks, but here are a few updated pics,

The two that I think are white leghorns, left could be roo?? right hen? Im looking at the comb on the bigger (left) one, and the lack of tail feathers on him, the one on the right has a good length to her tail feathers already,,,, opinions please
smile.png

26804_img_5799.jpg

Im still unsure if these are EE... I think they'll both be hens, as they also have a good amount of tail feathers.

26804_img_5782.jpg

all 4 happily playing in the run
smile.png

26804_img_5781.jpg

let me know what you think. and thank you

Lori

Quote:
not at all sure, it's my best guess after looking around, and googling.... lol,

does anyone have a different opinion.... i really didn't want meat birds, (if that is what cornish x are)... I want chickens that will live long enough to lay eggs for a while...., I think meat birds arent meant to live a very long life.

Lori

those look just like my leghorns...well mine are older now, but that's what they DID look like. The one you think is a roo looks like mine did at about three weeks, but I am fairly certain mine are all pullets...it's just odd that it has a coomb that big already... let me see if I can dig up some pics from a few weeks ago when mine were that age...

This one is one at about three weeks....maybe two (I forget but it's one or the other) and I was questioning that one being a roo.
27767_picker_girl_chick_4-13_012.jpg

This is when I think they were about 12 days old...sorry it's not a good pic
27767_uploaded_4-13-09_080.jpg

and these pics are from their first trip outside at three weeks...
27767_girls-3wks_outside_010.jpg

27767_girls-3wks_outside_009.jpg

and they are actually about 4 and a half weeks now, but this is the only four week pic I have loaded of any...sorry I couldnt give you any 100% answers, but hope this helped!
27767_chickie_on_shoulder.jpg

Back
Top Bottom