Have a new to me Incubator. Looking for reasonable eggs, Thanks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fr6473, Oct 19, 2008.

1. fr6473

fr6473 New Egg

Oct 19, 2008
    Thomaston, Georgia
    Hello, I have just got a new to me cabinet incubator and I really want to try it out. I am open to anything as long as it is reasonable. I live in Georgia Open to suggestions. Thank you to all. Frank

2. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    If you are new to incubating, I would suggest some mutt eggs first. Once you get use to the bator, go for the eggs of your choice. This way you won't feel quite so bad if something goes wrong.

3. CatCobb1983

CatCobb1983 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Gates,TN
    Hi,
    I have Quil eggs for $0.50 each and I have Barred Rock Eggs for $15.00 a dozen....If I happen to get any other eggs I'll list them.....I'm a hatch-aholic but incubators are full right now [​IMG]

Cat [​IMG]

4. ladywolfe

ladywolfe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Georgia
    Where in Ga. do you live? I could possilbly have some eggs, i'm 20 miles south of Griffin.

5. fr6473

fr6473 New Egg

Oct 19, 2008
    Thomaston, Georgia
    I live in Thomaston.

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I will send you some silkie mix eggs and some bantam cochins that are pure. I can send all I get for a week for the cost of shipping.

Marie

7. fr6473

fr6473 New Egg

Oct 19, 2008
    Thomaston, Georgia
    I am wondering also will the cabinet incubator be ok in the garage, will it be too cold? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

8. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    The most important thing is that is kept in a room with as consistent a temp as possible.
    I would think the garage temp would fluctuate a lot and cause you problems with your incubator temps.
    ~Rebecca

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by