HAVE a PIPPING QUESTION

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenshow, Nov 17, 2007.

1. chickenshow

chickenshow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    ok so i have a bannie egg the is internally pipping cause u an hear it and the egg moves and i went in there to look at it and accidentall knocked the incubator i jolted the egg but it did not roll now there is no more movement did i kill it please help

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Nah, it probably just fel asleep. Check in the morning and you might get a surprise.

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I doubt you did any damage. When I do a large hatch the first chicks out roll the other eggs around like soccer balls and they hatch out fine.

4. edster951

edster951 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:yet when we get to day 18 we're told not to move them...go figure [​IMG]

5. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Day 18 I always move eggs from incubator to hatcher trays.

6. ladybug4ut1

ladybug4ut1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Central Florida
    what are hatcher trays? and why do you move them to those?

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Some people use two different incubators one for starting their hatches to day 18 and then they move those eggs over to a hatcher (as they call it) so the eggs can pip and hatch there...they sometimes have staggered a hatch which means they have set more eggs at different times to hatch in the first incubator..I personally don't my chicks hatch in the only bator I have...but I always just set one set of eggs...

Hope that made sense..I understood it...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by