Have a pit bull to adopt $100. with references , OREGON

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Holiday Angel, May 26, 2008.

1. Holiday Angel

Holiday Angel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    [​IMG]
    She is still a pup and was rescued from my daughters home in town. The neighbors were afraid of her because of her breed. She needs to be with a family who will love and exercise her.

Thank you fellow chicken lovers

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would charge an adoption fee of around $100.00. Because labratories will take free pets and use them as reasearch, and dog fighters will take free pitbulls. Especially because she is young.

I hope you find a great home for her.

3. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with sundown- you gotta be careful when you say "giveaway pet".

4. bungaree chickens

bungaree chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    corvallis, Or.
    yeah, I third that...or if you are a good judge of character that may work too. I live in oregon, but I can't have dogs..I have three cats and many chickens, oh, and a dh that is not an animal person. sorry I can't help.

5. Holiday Angel

May 26, 2008
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Thank you for the replies. I guess I am naive because I never thought about them trolling a site like this. I don't really know why that little cash would make a difference though. Why is that? I guess I always think people think like I do and that they would love a pretty dog like her and take care of her.
    Thank you for being so patient with me.

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    It's because it is more than they would get selling her to a lab and dog fighters take them when they're free to turn into bait dogs. With so many free dogs out there, they're not going to pay for something they're gonna let another dog KILL! [​IMG]

It helps to insure that the person that takes her seriously wants her, and that they can afford proper pet care. Good luck finding her a home... she is very pretty [​IMG]

edited to add..... there are a few people out there that even pretend to be rescue no-kill shelters in order to obtain free animals..... you'd be very surprised where they show up.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  7. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    She is beautiful. I hope you find a good home for her!!!

8. Holiday Angel

May 26, 2008
    Sweet Home, Oregon
    Thank you for answering that. Now how do I redirect my heading for this post? That makes sense. I sure wouldn't want anything like that to happen to her. No animal deserves that.

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    You can edit it by editing the original post. You'll see your heading listed above the post box.

10. I would also ask for references, and tell them that it is your policy to check up on her at any time,since you want her to have a good home. They are great dogs, my son used to breed and sell them and they would not sell to any one wouldn't give them references and agree to unscheduled visits. He was very careful and knew the background of the dogs he bred,Ihave agranddaughter of one of his pitts so I know what she is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by