Have a question about us Debit cards?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Oct 27, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ok here in canada we use interac, it is the only thing debit cards run off of. It also allows us to send money via email.

So what do us debit cards run off of? And do yall have chip and pin debit cards?

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Quote:I have no idea what you are meaning about "running off of", nor about chip and pin? We use a pin number to access our bank accounts when making a purchase, if that is what you mean. I don't know anything about a chip. We can't send money via email but we can use them to buy things online and such, just like credit cards.

My debit card is specific to my bank and will charge extra for using it at foreign ATMs(automatic teller machines that are not owned by my bank).

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
  4. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
  5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

We use a card for all transactions at ATMS or POS. It is either inserted and withdrawn or inserted and left until the transaction is complete or it is swiped at POS. We don't have a globally recognized system, I don't think, though it says that Visa is known around the world. My card is MasterCard.

6. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    The chip is in the card. There are several companies here in the US that process debit transactions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by