Have Any Of You Guys Used This Humidity Controler?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jm93030, Jan 28, 2011.

1. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Im bulding my incubator and came across with this humidity and temperature controler

what do you guys think?

Have you use it?

[​IMG]

please any feedback

Zoo Med's HygroTherm Humidity and Temperature Controller

The HygroTherm™ is a Thermostat and Humidistat in one! It controls up to 1000 watts of combined temperature and humidity control devices. It has a 2-in-1 Remote Temperature/Humidity Sensor with 5 foot cable. Its great for use with Zoo Meds Repti Fogger™ Terrarium Humidifier or Habba Mist[​IMG] Automatic Misting Machine. The HygroTherm™ has a nighttime temperature drop feature controlled by a photocell, built in memory which stores settings in case of power failure and an alarm that can be set to flash when the temperature or humidity reaches extreme high or low levels.

Additional Information:

Controls temperature by turning on/off heating devices in "HEAT" mode or by turning on/off cooling devices (e.g. fan) in "COOL" mode.
    Temperature control range is 50°F to 122°F (10°C to 50°C)
    Humidity control range: 15% to 95% RH (Relative Humidity)

2. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Haven't used one.
    You just couldn't get this on here earlier. [​IMG]
    I just went to the pet store to get my Meal worms ( I gotta try em). Now I have to go back and get one. Think I'll rig it up in the outside brooder. Ok, maybe I should get 2.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. jm93030

Jun 4, 2009
    Im wondering how it works?
    and how accurate can be

4. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    I just use those $7 wallmart things as a hydrometer. They are +/- 5% humidity, but it fine for my rocket science.

When I'm fretting over +/-2% humidity....Just kill me...Please!

5. jm93030

Jun 4, 2009
    Y es I aslo have those from walmart

But this is supposed to control the humidity

Not read only
    also it says is a temperature controler

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW IT WILL CONTROL THE HUMIDITY?

7. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Quote:I think you have to have a terrarium humidifier or mister for hygrometer use. I am after the temp control for the outside brooder. I want to change out my lights anyway. If I ever get my birds all moved and my trees all trimed, I'm going to go look for one.

Little Walmart Temp/Humid are fine for the bator and indoor brooder tubs. Now if I could figure a mini air conditioner for the summer with an automatic get up that's cheap and cheap to run.

8. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:CAN YOU EXPLAIN HOW IT WILL CONTROL THE HUMIDITY?

I, too, would like to know this. Personally, I think this is one of those many, many gadgets on the market today posed as the "magical answer" to an issue that some think is serious. I think it's a waste of money, myself. Humidity is an ingredient of the hatching process, but personally, I'd take that money that would be spent for this item and add a dollar here / dollar there....and buy a more reliable THERMOMETER or THERMOSTAT for my bator. Again, (personally), I think temperature control is key, and without a reliable instrument that lets you know what that temp is, or one to control that temp........your hatch is in far more jeopardy than having a little humidity fluctuation........again, MHO.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  9. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  10. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:OH MY! THEY ARE RATHER PROUD OF THEM ARENT THEY? I CAN SEE WHY THEY ARE IN STOCK. FOR THE PRICE OF THIS UNIT I WOULD SAY STOP BUILDING YOUR OWN AND SAVE SOME MONEY BY PURCHASING A READY MADE UNIT FOR MUCH LESS THAN WHAT IT WILL COST YOU TO BUILD 1 AND USE THIS AS THE THERMOREGULATION UNIT.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by