Have any of you participated in Meyer Hatchery's Meyer Meal Maker?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by stone_family3, Jan 19, 2013.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Where did you donate the eggs? What breed of chicken did you end up with?

[​IMG]

2. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Yep, I did. I got a golden buff pullet and donated the eggs to our local food cupboard, the Center of Hope.

3. farmguy2007

farmguy2007 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2012
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I posted a similar question stone_family 3 and it sounds like alot of people get the golden buff aka red star,red sex link,golden comet...I was told by Meyer that they try to give you a layer if your order consisted of layers...and meaties for meat bird orders. Usually any food pantry/homeless selter will gladly accept eggs! I would think especially fresh ones!!

4. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

If you are still unsure of who to donate eggs to, you can always ask a teacher (or somebody at a school) if they know of any kids that need eggs.

Churches also frequently know of families in need.

1 person likes this.
  5. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    I got one 2 yrs ago, it was a Golden Buff, and during the Spring & Summer I donate the eggs to our local Meals on Wheels food pantry. They are very happy to get them and I feel great about donating to such a good cause.

6. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks everyone, I asked at church if I could donate the eggs and they said yes! I might have to order a few extra layers just to make sure there are enough extra eggs to share :)

7. Kaugomu

Kaugomu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    I got one with my order of chicks this year. I already work with a produce co-op I'm a part of. Each month we donate a produce box to a family in need and I've been donating eggs to go with it. Now I'll have a chicken just for that purpose. I also liked the idea mentioned above about asking at your local school for a family or families to donate to.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by