Have Broody need eggs Northern California

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ellie, May 30, 2010.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Hi,
    I have a broody and need some hatching eggs to put under her. I usually get my eggs from Cynthia (Speckled Hen) but the P.O. has not been too kind from Georgia to California! I would be open to any kind of eggs except banties. Nothing against them but I have large birds and like them.

Anyone close to me that has say, a half dozen?

Thanks,

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sure hope someone can help you out, Ellie. I don't think you can keep on having me send eggs and have the P.O. play hockey with the box--makes for an expensive couple of chicks! Good luck finding some for your girl.

3. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

I just looked on Reddings Craigslist and found fertile hatching eggs. They are French Copper Marans at $1.00 an egg. You will have to reply to ad, no phone number. [email protected] You can probably just go to craigslist Farm and Garden and type in hatching eggs and the ad will come up. HAPPY HATCHING!

4. sian

sian Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2009
    Purcellville VA
    I'm in VA but could send Blue Andalusian eggs - I'd love to try them out under a real hen as my hens won't sit on their own eggs and eggs have to be incubated. I bought a Buff Orpington to try having someone sit on them but she got eaten by something :-(

5. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I never even thought to look on Craigs List. Thanks, I will look at that today. It would be easier on the eggs to get them locally. I would love to try your eggs Sian, but you are too far away.

6. chickee

chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Your welcome~ If all else fails, I have Black over Blue Wyandotte eggs that I'm not sure of fertility on because my 4 month old black rooster just started breeding my blue hens. I am about 2 1/2 hours south of you in Grass Valley, Ca.

7. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Thanks, Chickee.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  8. sian

sian Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2009
    Purcellville VA
    Good luck!

PS - I just shipped a mix of 22 Cubalayas, Lakenvelders and Wyandottes from TX to me in VA, only 2 didn't make it thru the first week. It can be done :) Now I have xtra roos to find homes for.....

9. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I found some local eggs. I got 4 giant or large fowl cochins and two black copper maran eggs. Thanks everyone so very much. y'all are GREAT.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by