have cabinet hatcher need advise please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Blueroo63, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    I have the cabinet incubator and hatcher's but I have put 2 water tubs in my hatcher and still can't get my humidity to stay above 47% and I know this is why my babies are having problems hatching ,i put 2 very large sponges one in each water basin but the humity want stay up any ideas would be so very helpful ,please suggest something thanks and GOD Bless

2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I have a cabinet incubator as well I have 2 water pans in there . To get my humidity up I put down a section of newspaper on both racks and then I spray it very well with a warm water bottle and close the door it gets mine to about 64-68 and as long as you don't open the door it will stay . Good luck !!!

3. Blueroo63

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    Newnanchick,
    that might work I'll try that thank you for the idea

4. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    I also have the cabinet incubators and hatcher. I keep one pan in my hatcher with 2 humidity pads in it and I keep the pan full. I am steady at 80% humidity with that and it works great for chicks. I add a second pan when I am hatching waterfowl to get my humidity closer to 90%.
    Do you have more than 1 vent hole open on the back of your hatcher? How is your door seal?
    Where is your hatcher located? Ours is in the basement and the room humidity is higher in our basement than on our main floor and that helps too.
    You can add more sponges to your pans to increase humidity. The idea is to increase the surface area of the water to increase the humidity. In theory it should work. Make sure your sponges are still clean and aborbing well. I throw mine out once they get that well used look!

Good luck,
    Christie [​IMG]

5. Blueroo63

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    mothergoose,
    i don't have a base ment.and what do you call humity pads.and i keep them in a room that is utilty room,may be not good idea right
    relly big room but also wash and dryer in there [​IMG] this could be my problem

6. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    The sponge type pads that I get for my GQF hatcher are called humidity pads. They work like a sponge but are more stiff in the sence that when full of water they still will stand in the trays to help increase the surface area. They stick up above the water tray. I would assume in your laundry room with the dryer , your room humidity is low. It might help to add a humidifier to your room also.
    Christie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by