Have chicken tractors....now have bad back

Billylynn

Songster
May 3, 2018
Northwest Pennsylvania
The back issue did not result from hauling around the tractors but rather from excited grandchild..ouch. However, I'd hate to give up my meat birds that I raise in my tractors. On my hoop tractor I never got around to putting wheels on and had just dragged it everyday another 8ft. My "box" tractor I lifted from the front and again moved it another 8ft. Both are 8 x 4. Any suggestions on how to adapt these to ease the lift/drag motions. 20180731_124709.jpg 20180809_141025.jpg

The back issue did not result from hauling around the tractors but rather from excited grandchild..ouch.
Well, all the hauling may have set up GC's being the 'straw the broke the camels back'.

Wheels are tough to get right. Got a riding lawn mower that can provide the 'muscle'?

Well, all the hauling may have set up GC's being the 'straw the broke the camels back'.

Wheels are tough to get right. Got a riding lawn mower that can provide the 'muscle'?
Riding lawn mower would be great except we have a tractor and it just seems like overkill to rev up a tractor to move something 8ft. And another issue is being able to notice very quickly the possibility of running over a chick since I use mine for meat birds (8 wks, then out). I need to be able to hear every little peep

Make a harness for that huge dog in the background in one of the pics and make him drag it! He will likely have fun doing it, plus it'll be an exercise workout for him! I've seen dog pulling competitions pulling massive weights, granted they were specifically bred and train for it, but I think it will be fine for your dog.

Last edited:
Hand truck under front frame, tilt and pull.

Adding on to this idea - hand cart under the frame, lift, slide 3" diameter pvc pipe along the front that you've lifted up, remove hand truck, pull coop forward rolling it across the PVC pipe. Lay the PVC pipe next to the coop, ready for the next day? Maybe not easy to do on your own, just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom