have heard reasonably good things about Wildgame camera

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by jmc, Oct 23, 2011.

1. jmc

jmc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    thinking of maybe getting one............i dunno

i've read so many posts by confused byc ers about what one to get, moultrie, bushnell, etc.

2. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    idk about brands but if you wait till around jan after most hunting seasons are closed you can probably get them alot cheaper.

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    A friend of ours let us use his to see what was eating our chickens. When we asked what we should buy he said get the one thats around 79$. They are cheap nut work better then the most expensive ones you can buy. Oh yeah make sure it has a flash. We saw all kinds of critters. What shocked us the most was how all of they visited the same coop every night. My cat would show up and smell around every time the raccoon or skunk would leave but he never got harmed.

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, I got one also just to see what has been coming around the coop. I was shocked at what came around in the daytime even that I didn't know about. I bought my camera thru a catalog---SportsmanGuide, and went for the one with a infared flash and a memory chip I could remove/upgrade to view the pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The website link under my Avatar is to my facebook where I have more "Trailcam" pics in that album.

5. WilsonAcres

WilsonAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Milton
    we spent around $90 for our wildgame we like it! took a bit to figure it out it didnt come with directions..that was awesome [​IMG] has infrared flash and does videos and pictures pretty cool to have. here's one of the pics from it at night...

[​IMG]

6. sulco

sulco Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2011
    Up in da UP, eh!
  7. jmc

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    thanks, so far. i like the Wildgame reviews you have given, especially!

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

We have wildgame, a couple of them. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Not sure what the last picture came from, maybe a bushnell one, that name sounds familiar. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  9. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I have 2 different brands & types. I have 2 Moultrie i40 infrared cameras and a Cuddeback Attack flash camera. I thought that the flash on the Cuddeback would scare away the critters but it doesn't seem to bother them ~ it also gives nice color pictures in the dark. The infrared also give good black & white pictures and are better when you don't want it to be obvious you are taking pictures after dark ~ like when you are spotting 2 legged predators. I do like that both use SD cards which can be switched out in the woods instead of taking the camera to download.

Cuddeback

[​IMG]

Moultrie

[​IMG]

10. jmc

Jul 22, 2008
    South Central MA
    thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by