1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have I become a crazy chicken-lady?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lesliedow, Nov 4, 2012.

1. lesliedow

lesliedow Chillin' With My Peeps

I dunno. I think it may have happened. I looooove my chickens. I Ioooove your chickens...I love them all!

I find myself scouring YouTube for chicken videos (Chickens of Fire is definitely my fav). I post hilarious chicken anecdotes to FaceBook...my friends reply..."***, Dude?" But I love my chickens. Hey, they post political stuff, and I think my chickens are far better than politics!

I love seeing Peregrin Chicken roost, falcon-like on my son's shoulder. (I swear she is really a hawk).

I love the silly pecking and posturing of Chick C-sub-A and Chick C-sub-B. (fingers crossed that C-sub-A is not a roo!)

I love watching Little Red, Angry Black, and Pirate White go at the bugs that live under the leaves.

I love that Pirate White manages to get around very well, at least from her right side, with only one eye!

And most of all I love that my crazy, neurotic, rescue Cattle Dog finally has a herd! 8)

I am Chicken-Crazy, I guess its time to own it. [​IMG]

Leslie

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. OneCrazyCowgirl

OneCrazyCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't we have a crazy chicken lady/guy in all of us! Glad you found yours! x)

3. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    [​IMG]I say embrace your inner crazy cookey wild chicken woman & who cares what the world thinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We gotta love ourselfs. Plus things could be worse.... wink wink [​IMG]

4. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    Chickens are funny and I love them a lot as well. I may be just as crazy as you are! I have tons of chicken-themed decor throughout the house! I have had quite a few people think I'm crazy for liking chickens as much as I do too. Just ignore them and be yourself, least that's what I do![​IMG][​IMG]

5. lesliedow

lesliedow Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the comments! I completely adore my chickens.

I've now got them free ranging (or at least 1 acre-ranging) and they are delightful. I've deciced they are pretty smart, too. It's been much easier to train the chickens than it ever was to train the dog!

8)

leslie

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I'm on my second flock and they SO different from the first flock!!! They are 10 weeks now and I let them out today for the first time and I was amazed they went back in the coop at dark. I got these girls at two weeks, there is a big differance when you get your chicks!!!!! I got my first flock at 1 day and they were so laid back. Just followed me around, these new girls are like the sky is falling every few seconds! I hpe they lay in the boxes.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm a crazier chicken lady than you. And I have 43,000 photos to prove it. [​IMG]

8. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

theoldchick, [​IMG] ....and I thought I had a lot of photos. By the way, love the photos you post!

9. ChickAficianado

ChickAficianado Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Texas
    We are all a bit crazy about our chickens. It's a good thing!

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I'm the crazy Call duck lady! Just not that great with a camera, I get caught up in the moment and forget that I have one...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by