Have I have officially LOST my mind?

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
Had to get chick food today. Had too, supply was getting very low........

10133_img_5900.jpg

Yep, I'm officially chick crazy!
tongue.png

haha I take it you came home with chick food and more chickies! I can't go to the feed store to get food.. My DH knows better.. He has offered to pick it up FOR me
lau.gif

Y'all should have seen how many they had... and I wanted all of them! I think I exercised a bunch of self restraint by coming home with just 4.
lol.png

I was told they are Speckled Sussex, Rhode Island Red, and Black Australorp... is that correct?

Also, I got them from the assorted pullet bin and when I asked if they were sure they were pullets I was told yes, UNLESS someone (as in a kid or careless adult) put some of the straight run chicks in the wrong bin. So once again it's
fl.gif
that they're girls!

Quote:
i see (left to right):

black aussie
speckled sussex

not sure on the other two. (top middle and right)
the white/yellow chick is definitely NOT a RIR , SS or BA.
can you get another pic of the other chipmunky chick at the top of the picture? it could be a sussex, but it looks a bit fluffy.

Quote:
It's more of an orange color than white/yellow, even though her feather wings are white-ish right now. Could she be a red sex link?
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
It's more of an orange color than white/yellow, even though her feather wings are white-ish right now. Could she be a red sex link?
hmm.png

she surely could be a Golden 'Whatever' depending on the trade name the hatchery uses. (ie: Golden Comet etc.)

Back
Top Bottom