1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have I LOST MY MIND!???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by justusnak, Apr 11, 2007.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Now I think I am loseing it.....in my 40 something years, I have never seen an egg hatch...well...someone sent a post of the 4H egg cam...and they are hatching!! I have been sitting here for the last hour....watching....its just about half way through...hang on...need to go look...ok....im back....UGH...I need to get a life! [​IMG]

2. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    the Fascination never ends! You'll get there! [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:Ohhh, I hope so!! I cant stand the suspense!! I just want to watch ....the miracle of birth. When I had my 4 kids.....many many moons ago...I had them natural..therefore was in way too much pain to even CARE!! LOL Besides, these are chicks [​IMG] different sorta love!

4. jmantoo1

jmantoo1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    someone send me the link to the 4h site:D

5. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Well, if you have, so have I [​IMG]

I just missed most of Lost, because I was watching the baby hatch.

My husband is sure I am truly insane.

6. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    We watched that last baby hatched, also. It did sort of remind me of having my children (but, as mentioned, WAY less pain!!). Actually, my 5yo and I were watching the chicks, talking about them, when that egg cracked around. So we called in 3yo (both of my kids are crappy sleepers, and were both awake, btw), and we all watched her come out of her shell. It was fantastic!

And dh makes me switch web pages when he's in the room, LOL! My sister thinks I've lost too many brain cells... she secretly <or not so secretly> laughs at me whenever I bring the subject up! Just wait, though.. dh is a big softy, and my nephew is going to want his very own, so both of them are in for it! [​IMG]

7. zimmy

zimmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Orlando
    Oooh, don't kill me, but what does dh stand for?

8. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Sorry... dear husband.[​IMG]

9. zimmy

zimmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Orlando
    [​IMG] Ahhh, thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by