Have new pics of 9 week old EE, pullet or roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ging3rhoffman, May 10, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Here a a couple of new pictures of one of my EEs's. The only thing i am concerned about is her tail. She has a yellow comb, not even a hint of pink in it. I just see that her tail is a little longer than the other girls. She is nine weeks old.
    [​IMG]

This picture makes her look a little funny, she was a little concerned about the camera flash and gave a funny pose.
    [​IMG]

2. tamelroy

tamelroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    Mass
    I am no expert, but I have a few and some got their tail faster then others. It looks like a hen to me, I had a roo with mine and its comb was red. They are pretty birds I think EE are my favorite, but people act like the egg is rotten and I can't even give the eggs away for free. lol

3. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

That's a very, very pretty pullet.

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I always start worrying when I see those pretty curvy tail feathers.

5. pinkchick

pinkchick "Ain't nuttin' like having da' blues"

May 30, 2008
    Washington State
    I say pullet! [​IMG]

6. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    The tail feathers do look suspicious, but the comb looks nothing like a roo comb! I say pullet too, and keep a close eye on it just in case she goes roo suddenly. [​IMG]

7. love4mychick

love4mychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    i looovvveee ee eggs there so cool and that is a good looking hen [​IMG]

8. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    I agree with everyone else, looks like a pullet. Just watch that tail. Like Andora said, it may suddenly turn roo.

9. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I say pullet. All of my EE roos have had a very red comb early. My pullets get curvy tails which throws you off but I go by the comb on EE's.

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I am going to say cockeral, I have had some that don't get a red comb until 5+ months.....keep checking out the saddle area, I am predicting sickle feathers coming in in the next 2-3 weeks....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by