Have new pullet they bought at Dells as Silver Wyandotte but solid blu

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Cowgirlgrace, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

I just bought a new pullet yesterday which the previous owners said they bought from Dells as a Silver Wyandotte? or possibly a Silver Laced. Her body type looks to be an Orpington and her color is solid blue. I would tend to think she was a misidentified Blue Orpington but she has a rose comb. She does not have the beard or muff as an Ameracauna would have. I don't have any pics but is there a blue chicken other than the Ameraucana that has a rose comb?

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I think that there are blue Wyandottes. [​IMG] Pictures would really help, though!

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    What color are her legs? Dell's wouldn't have any Blue Orps, but maybe some kind of banty? How old is she supposed to be and do you think she could possibly be a bantam?

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There are blue wyandottes. I used to raise them and they look somewhat like blue orps except for the combs and the wyandottes have yellow skin while the orps have white.

5. Cowgirlgrace

Ya, sorry about pics. havn't taken any yet but if I did I'm not sure I could figure out how to post them. Her legs are dark grey. Has a short back, fluffy butt but not a Cochin. She is around 5 months old. I looked up Silver Wyandotte to see if they existed and couldn't find anything, only the laced. I'll try a Blue Wyandotte.

6. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    I would really like to see a photo of her. thanks

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Here's a picture of one of my girls that I had.
    [​IMG]

8. Cowgirlgrace

Quote:Oh, I just looked them up. There they are. That must be what she is. The leg color is probably a result of her being hatchery stock?

9. Cowgirlgrace

Quote:She looks just like that!

10. Cowgirlgrace

Does the Blue Wyandotte work the same as the other Blues? with Blue/Black/Splash?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by