Have no clue on sale lot :( Please help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PaintedGemsRanch, Oct 3, 2009.

1. PaintedGemsRanch

PaintedGemsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia
    Again, we went to the sale to look last night... and low and behold came back with chickens! Mind you our coop isnt done yet but we felt awful for them!! Smashed in a cage half their size and downright miserable looking. There was a family their that was buying almost everything that went through (to eat). Their beauty was too much for us to let them be culled so we brought them home. I have no clue what they would be! but that roo is just gorgeous (to me at lease [​IMG] ) We were told they were a trio of 1 roo and 2 hens! The roo also seems a bit aggressive [​IMG] ... Anyone up for aging them too? Thanks for all your help!!!!!

[​IMG] The handsome roo [​IMG]

[​IMG] Hen #1

[​IMG] Their legs

[​IMG] Hen #2

2. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    What sale did you go too?? Very pretty birds!

3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Maybe Barred Rock/Rhode Island Red?

4. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:Thats what i was thinking as well

5. PaintedGemsRanch

PaintedGemsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Hamilton, Georgia
    The sale is in Barnesville, Georgia. Its a rundown sale in a barn filled with cobwebs [​IMG] Kinda gross actually but we went just to check it out and came back with some beautiful birds!

Thanks for your responses!

6. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:We thought about going to that one but we just go to the one in Gray Instead its pretty nice its in a old school the "Gym" is where the auction takes place!! we go about every other saturday

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    The color looks to some what be a crele.. As for the breed mabe some kind of game cross.

Chris

8. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I see the white feet on them and the white speckled feathers in the hens. Just a guess now not a definate answer maybe Barred something male X Speckled Sussex female crosses? I'd say around 4 to 5 mon. old looks like close to laying going by the hens combs.

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I was thinking barred rock & speckled sussex somewhere in there too- but I don't think you can get that in F1. What an awesome mix! They really are gorgeous!

10. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Here is a picture of a Crele Old English.. I know not the same breed but gives a idea of the color... If I'm not mistaken Crele colored bird are to have White legs..

(not my bird)
    [​IMG]

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by