Have no clue on sale lot :( Please help!

PaintedGemsRanch

Songster
10 Years
Aug 15, 2009
Hamilton, Georgia
Again, we went to the sale to look last night... and low and behold came back with chickens! Mind you our coop isnt done yet but we felt awful for them!! Smashed in a cage half their size and downright miserable looking. There was a family their that was buying almost everything that went through (to eat). Their beauty was too much for us to let them be culled so we brought them home. I have no clue what they would be! but that roo is just gorgeous (to me at lease
smile.png
) We were told they were a trio of 1 roo and 2 hens! The roo also seems a bit aggressive
sad.png
... Anyone up for aging them too? Thanks for all your help!!!!!

DSC_0246.jpg
The handsome roo
smile.png

DSC_0247.jpg
Hen #1

DSC_0249.jpg
Their legs

DSC_0267.jpg
Hen #2

The sale is in Barnesville, Georgia. Its a rundown sale in a barn filled with cobwebs
sad.png
Kinda gross actually but we went just to check it out and came back with some beautiful birds!

Thanks for your responses!

Quote:
We thought about going to that one but we just go to the one in Gray Instead its pretty nice its in a old school the "Gym" is where the auction takes place!! we go about every other saturday

The color looks to some what be a crele.. As for the breed mabe some kind of game cross.

Chris

I see the white feet on them and the white speckled feathers in the hens. Just a guess now not a definate answer maybe Barred something male X Speckled Sussex female crosses? I'd say around 4 to 5 mon. old looks like close to laying going by the hens combs.

Here is a picture of a Crele Old English.. I know not the same breed but gives a idea of the color... If I'm not mistaken Crele colored bird are to have White legs..

(not my bird)
33115_creleoldenglishgamebantammale.jpg

Chris

Back
Top Bottom