Have some Blue Wyandottes on the way...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cara, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Does anyone know if you can show these birds? What do you know about them? Thanks!

2. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] Lucky you, I bet they will be beautiful! I don’t know anything about them but...

I love Blue...and I love Wyandotte’s, so I would love to see pictures when you get them.

Mitzi

3. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Hi Mitzi, here are some photos of the Wyandottes. I just love their yellow legs against the blue feathering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Very pretty, Cara! I'm going to be hatching some Blue Marans in a couple of months myself. Love those blues!

5. Cara

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    The world is going to be full of blue chickens! The other colours will end up being rare LOL I just can't say no to a blue brown egg layer. That splash pullet I hatched is turning into a butterball!

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'm very jealous of the blue wyandotte and blue maran people. So is my DW. Someday.....someday!

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I'm going to order some blue wyandotte bantams by the end of the week

8. RedStickLA

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Oh Cara...
    They are beautiful! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Blue chickens! [​IMG]
    I have BLRW...maybe one day I will get some blue Wyandotte’s too. I have a few standard blue Cochin hens. I plan on trying to find some good quality eggs this spring/summer to hatch a nice blue roo to go with them…And I have a beautiful self blue bantam cochin roo with some hens that I can’t wait to hatch some chicks and see what they turn out like.

Have fun with you new peeps!
    Mitzi

9. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    One way to get blue if you only have BLR and black for example is to breed them together and the pullets should be solid color. You then keep the blue pullets and breed them to a black roo, keep the blue pullets from that and just keep mating back to a black.

10. RedStickLA

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hey flyingmonkeypoop,
    Thanks for the info on breeding the blue color...Now I have a reason for "needing" Black Wyandotte’s too! [​IMG]
    I have a question for you…
    I have been thinking about breeding my black Cochin roo to my blue hens...Is it right that I should get 50% black and 50% blue?

Mitzi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by