Have some unknowns in our flock

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LFchixranch, Jan 9, 2013.

1. LFchixranch

LFchixranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    The one on the right, we have a male and a female this is the female or Grandma, the male, Grandpa has a red flat V comb
    [​IMG]

The one by the fence post on the right, I think it is a Cornish but am not sure
    [​IMG]
    Here are 2 more of what I think are Cornish on either side of the buff orpington

[​IMG]

Now these next ones look like Barred rocks but they are not. I ordered 4 hens and a rooster of the Barred Rocks and have all 5, these have more Black in them, these are all hens
    [​IMG]

I have of these tan and white ones, it is just right of center in the pic just in front of the RIR laying in grass and along the fence on the right side
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the black and white looks like a sliver laced wyandotte the middle is an easter egger roo[​IMG]

The one by the fence post on the right, I think it is a Cornish but am not sure
    look like dark cornish [​IMG]
    Here are 2 more of what I think are Cornish on either side of the buff orpington

look like dark cornish [​IMG]

Now these next ones look like Barred rocks but they are not. I ordered 4 hens and a rooster of the Barred Rocks and have all 5, these have more Black in them, these are all hens
    look like barred rock pullets to me why do you think they are not barred rocks?[​IMG]

I have of these tan and white ones, it is just right of center in the pic just in front of the RIR laying in grass and along the fence on the right side
    red sex links [​IMG]

3. LFchixranch

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    the 5 barred rocks i can account for on the order have more white in them. These are more black, although I will say that they did have the white speck on there heads when I got them at 3 days old.

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Pic 1 - Silver Laced Wyandotte.
    Pic 2 - Most likely Dark Cornish.
    Pic 3 - Most likely Dark Cornish.
    Pic 4 - They look like Barred Rocks. What causes you to think they are not?
    Pic 5 - Red Sexlink (aka Red Star, Golden Comet, Cinnamon Queen, etc.).

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    if they have more white in them they might be roosters can you do a picture of them?

6. LFchixranch

Jan 9, 2013
    South Central PA
    I can tomorrow. I have identified the rooster of the 5 that I accounted for. The rest are hens according to their combs at 9 wks of age

7. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x2 the barred rocks are pullets and sounds like the others are cockerels if they are brighter than these 3

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    x3
    I'd also like to see pics of the lighter birds. Lighter usually means roo. Those really look like barred rock pullets to me.

9. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

your white/black Easter Egger in this Picture is a rooster

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by