Have to brag on hubby today :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kristina, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Well when we first got chickens my DH was not SO excited. Well he has really learned to LOVE them. He has even taking over there feeding and building them stuff. Our anniversary is this month and he knows how much I love showgirls! Well he let me order a started pair...wohoo!! (from a wonderful felow byc'er) And he is building me a cute coop just for them and the silkies! Last night......all own his own......he ordered me 12+ silkie eggs! Well I thought that was the kicker LOL Until today I mentioned that ideal was having a duck special that I saw on here and he said ORDER them. [​IMG] Who is this man! [​IMG]

So those that have the spouses that are against the chickens.....there is hope! [​IMG]

edited for spelling [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Well done, He deserves some extra special luvin!!!

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Wish my mom were like that.

Henry

4. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Awe, now ya know, ya gotta do somfin somfin extra special for him! Ha ha!

I'm happy for ya, mine wouldn't ever order them (he doens't do computers), but I luv it when he helps me build stuff and he's so excited bout the incubator right now.

[​IMG]

5. bobbieguyette

bobbieguyette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Sounds like my Hubby he loves them as much as I do! and every spring when its hatching season first he sighs then starts asking when are they gonna hatch? then he and I sit with babies in lap watching TV you got a keeper for sure!![​IMG]

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Are you sure he is not buying them for himself...sounds like he may have gotten the bug! [​IMG]

7. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Tiffanyh that could be a possibility LOL! He even has a duck and a CM rooster he has claimed as his own. I think maybe the ducklings may secretly be for him. [​IMG]

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    He's hooked!
    He gets points for ordering them for you, but have no doubt that it was for him too.

Nice to share something else in common isn't it?

Start drawing up the plans for your next coop. [​IMG]

9. Kristina

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] I already have the plans drawn up! I'm telling you he is really suprising these days. He works for a boat company and he was telling me last night that they have some lights that used to be on boats but they took them off because they put out to much heat...so needless to say he thought that would be JUST perfect to bring home for the birds! This from a man who used to say ...not another one! It's exciting though I'm glad he finally gets it.

10. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    That's so neat! [​IMG] It's nice to hear about the good husbands once in a while; usually all I hear about is the ones that are jerks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by