Have to Find a New Home for a Labrador

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jan 1, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I have the second best Lab ever in the world. With Thunder, the 13 year old being the best. Marley, my 4 year old Chocolate lab is having to find a new place to stay. He is/was staying at my dad's place in OK along with my birds. I pay for feed, etc. but apparently that's not enough. My brother wants him gone, and since he is now renting the house from my dad what he says goes???, and my dad will not keep him at his house because he is taking his recently passed father's Boxer with him instead.

I want so badly to bring Marley to our apartment, but they have a weight limit of 25 lbs. He's well over 100 lbs. He's so sweet, adorable, floppy and loves children.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can keep him? I rescued him from the shelter 2 years ago.

What can I do?

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    sneak him in your apt? he he..dont listen to me.. [​IMG]

3. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    Man Ropo, did you do something to tick off St. Francis? I can't help you keep him, but I'll pray for a solution.

Laney

4. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Bring him to me....BTW whats up with Max? Nvrmnd I just saw your update!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    The Chicken People...I have half a mind to get him to you. He needs a good home, I want so badly to keep him and wish I could sneak him in here. I've almost asked the management if I could bring him here for a short time, but I'm afraid they'll think I've already had him here since SOMEONE has a VERY large pair of dogs upstairs...

I must have ticked off St. Francis. St. Francis has an awful ring for me...that's the same hospital where my mom passed away.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sorry, wish I could help. [​IMG]

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    RoPo my car just broke down or I would come and get him! I lost my Buddie (Black Lab/Hound dog mix) a couple years ago and just put my cat of 13 years down the other day...I am down to two dogs and a stary cat I am trying to get to trust me so I can catch him! I have lots of room and live in the country!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by