Have to log in twice everytime I go back to main menu

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by jjthink, Feb 9, 2008.

1. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    This is a new development. Just thought I'd pass it along in case others are experiencing too.

To better explain, even after I am logged in, have answered posts etc. if I click on BYC Home and then go anywhere from there the system thinks I'm no longer logged in. So I click on Log In and it still says I'm not logged in. Then I do it again and it works, but not until the second try. No biggie, just strange, and new (it used to be once I was logged in I was logged in). Anyway, a tad time consuming but all I know is that this site is run beautifully and I wouldn't know the first thing about accomplishing all you've accomplished with the site so thanks!
    JJ

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hmm interesting. Could it be something with how your browser is now saving cookies?

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

That's pretty odd. Maybe your cookie for this site became corrupt. I'd try to logoff BYC, navigate to another page, delete your cookies, then come back here and login again.

Good luck!

4. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    I am having trouble like that too. I takes me about 4 tries to either log in or log off.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

lilshadow, when did this start happening to you?

6. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    3-4 days ago. I thought that maybe I was typing something in wrong, but I wasn't. Not being able to log off started about 2 days ago. That is why I stay logged in most time, because I am afraid I won't get back on.

7. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks. I have to learn about this cookie business. The only way I have ever deleted cookies is by eating them. [​IMG]

(I do have a Microsoft article about deleting cookies but it's a mile long - reading it is perpetually on the "to do" list. Once it started talking about what might get lost by doing it, I put it down at one point, unsure whether there might be a downside I needed to learn about)

Incidentally, I started to have this repeated "Not logged in" glitch around the same time lilshadow did.
    JJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by