Have to rehome my americana's

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickengirlnm, Nov 6, 2007.

1. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    Well I have been noticing for awhile now that my americana's are getting picked on by the other girls - they all have broken tail feathers and the other girls just are down right mean to them.
    I have 5 total all are hens and are not old enough to lay yet.
    I know the perfect solution would be get them their own yard, but space is limited and I can not give them a yard and another coop of thier own.
    I would like another BYCer to be able to take them if not I will have to place an ad in the newspaper for them.
    Of course they are free to good home only.

Julie

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    can you divide your pen for a little while? and let them grow a little.

3. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    well the pen is already split of alittle for the ducks till - spring when i can try to build a run for the ducks -so until than i really dont want to split the pen into 3's dont want the chickens to lose to much of thier yard. so I think for everyone it might be better if I find them a new place where they will not be picked on.

Julie

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    they have blinders you can buy. they can only look down for seed and wont peck each other.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  5. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I wish I was closer to you. I would love to have them. I just drove through Clovis about June 19th when I moved from Alaska to Alabama. We drove down that way so I could take my wife and kids to Carlsbad Caverns before stopping by to visit my dad in Texas.

Jayare

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by