Have to rehome my Guinneas - I'm sooo P.O.'d

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by erthymom2, May 19, 2009.

1. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Got a letter today that since I live in a village and "fowl" and livestock are not permitted to be kept here, I have to get rid of my 3 guinnea hens and one guinnea roo. I have had undercover chickens and fowl for several years and this is the first time i've ever been confronted with a complaint. Since it's technically a village violation, i'm in the wrong but man-oh-man, am i upset.

Reason I got the letter: the golfers behind my house/property don't like the noise when they are lining up their putts on the 15th green - which is opposite the steam behind my fowl pens. I was floored by this...some witchy lady from the lady's league last night initiated the letter after her group complained to the course owner it was too distracting and annoying to them.
    Oh, but its OK that I have to look at their porta-potty's and listen to their yells and laughter at all daylight times when they are playing and i want quiet. I'm gonna be looking into asking them now to move thier potty's out of my line of vision - either that or i'll put fire ants into them!!
    I will be finding good healthy homes for my gang of guinneas, but since the chickens weren't pointed out in the letter - they are staying put.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Remind me never to tee you off [​IMG]

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Maybe see if you can get some quieter fowl?

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Im not taking sides or anything. But my neighbor has some guinneas and those are some noisey little farts. We live sorta intown, but out in the country. I havent said anything to them and I wouldnt file a complaint. I wouldnt even know where to go if I wanted to.

If it were me..I would tell them to move the pottys(can you smell them too?) and I'll get rid of my guinneas. If not then they are staying!

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

So sorry, Hope you can do something about it.

Imp- maybe get a golf hating barking dog, or a golf ball retriever.

6. SophieLain127

SophieLain127 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    I'd be ticked to. especially if I saw a porta potty out my kitchen window. Send a letter to the golf course saying that you don't want to have to look at anyone taking a dump while eating your breakfast..... GL

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Sorry you have to rehome the guineas, where are you? I want some, but haven't built a "home" for any yet. I am glad they didn't mentions the chickens, hope they stay under the radar for you.

If you file a complaint about the facilities, it may attract more attention than you want, so think that through before filing.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I agree with the dog statement. Get a really small one that will yip every time the wind blows... [​IMG]

10. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

No, get a dog with a very large bellowing bark...

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of the guineas.
    I'm a rebel though. I would also make any golfer near my property a living hell for them. I'm the type of person who would paint my house purple with bright green polka dots and if my nosey neighbor didn't like it...I'd tell em to stick it.

Good Luck in whatever you choose to do. It's a shame [​IMG]

Bluemoon

Last edited: May 19, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by