Have to rehome my rooster =(

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AUChick9202, Jun 28, 2011.

1. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    We were going to try to keep him, but he has found his crowing voice during the last week and pretty much crows off and on all day. We are not allowed to have roosters where we live. He is super friendly and very pretty, but my husband says he has to go before the neighbors start complaining. I have a listing on Utah's equivalent of 'craigslist', but no calls yet.

I don't have any recent pictures, but he looks just like this BA rooster. I will miss him....crowing and all [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    He is really handsome!
    I wish you lived closer to me--I know a lady that is looking for a rooster ( I did some checking just in case one of our babies is a boy)! I asked a friend who knew a friend etc so maybe you can ask around too and get better luck with that.
    I hope you can find a home where he can be a roo--he would make good looking chicks!
    eta: I have been told by active Craigslisters that adding a picture significantly increases your chances of selling the item!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. tarragon

tarragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Bothell, WA
    I know just how you feel. Of my 2 BR "pullets", only one will ever lay an egg. [​IMG]
    I can't have roosters here either, and he has been practicing crowing about 3 times a day. He is a beautiful boy, only 14 weeks old, I'm going to miss him.

I hope you find him a nice flock of ladies to tend to.

[​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Sorry you got a rooster, bummer. [​IMG]

But you could to get some recent pics, post him in the Buy, Sell, Auction (BSA) format and also in the Utah thread. Best of luck finding a good home.

I have FIVE extra roosters right now, in the bachelor pen for now. [​IMG] So yes, it could be worse!

5. chickenfarmer17

chickenfarmer17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Preston County WV
    dont feel bad i have 20 - 24 extra roosters
    '[​IMG]'

6. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Today a nice family came to get Bubba. They have too many chickens for their one rooster and they needed another, so Bubba gets to go live on a farm with a new set of ladies [​IMG] That is just what I wanted for him.....I am so relieved [​IMG]

7. ajay

ajay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Glad to hear he went to a nice home. [​IMG]

8. silkie101

silkie101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Plantcity Florida
    yay he went to a very good home [​IMG]

9. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Bubba is a lucky guy! I ended up with one BA roo in my six 'pullets', but I can have roos where I live and he turned into a great flock leader so I'm not too unhappy. He is 17 weeks old and very handsome. I would hate to have to give him up.

10. EatMorSteak

EatMorSteak Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2011
    Out of my 5 chicks 3 of them turned out to be roos. I just found a home for 1 of them, as a co worker of mine has 10 hens with no rooster. It's a good feeling to know that my roo will be going to a good home as a "pet".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by