Have To Share Father & Daughter Moment (and son, too, LOL)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, Jan 14, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

We decided that from Hawkeye's past interactions with chicks and youngsters in the flock that it was safe to allow them out into the pen with him. I keep him locked away from the girls alot of the day due to them picking on his comb and wattles, injured from fighting with Suede through the fence. I got some pics of him with his son 11-wk old son Gabriel and 7 wk old daughter, Zoe, that I love and wanted to share. Zoe is a hoot. She beats up all the boys and wanted to play with daddy, too, LOL. Forgive Hawkeye's condition. He's still in molt, plus as soon as new saddle feathers grow, one of his girls, Olivia, pulls them out. Nagging women!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    AWW he looks like such a proud daddy standing up so tall. Too cute.

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    They are so sweet, and what a good daddy he is.

4. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    I LOVE that second pic, where Zoe is pecking around under Hawkeye's feet! He is such a good guy! Is that an Ameraucana in there?

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Nice family

6. speckledhen

Yep, that's one of Scout's daughters that will be leaving on the 26th of this month. There are actually 13 chicks in that coop the pen is attached to, but it was only in the 30's today and most didn't really want to come outside.

7. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I love how proud he looks with his little ones running around! Like Daddy, Big Brother, and Little Sister. Little sister is the feisty one. Hey that sounds like my husband and kids! [​IMG]

They are gorgeous!

Tonya

8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    How sweet! Hawkeye sure is a good fella.

9. speckledhen

He's a really good boy, that's for sure. I look at Gabe and see what Hawkeye would probably look like if he hadn't been neglected, tortured and starved during his pre-me life. He's the best. [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nice family! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by