have to travel 3 hours with the incubator, will the eggs be okay.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by guinea fowl galore, Nov 29, 2009.

1. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    so we're going 3 hours away and have to take the incubator with us. we have bought an inverter that plugs into the car with a little box thing that you then plug the power cord of something (incubator) into. so the incubator will still be working fine but would the driving effect the eggs at all?

2. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Have never had experience with moving eggs. But sounds like you are doing all that you can. I would recommend making sure they are not in directly sun light. Let us know how it goes.

3. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Unless you plan on making high speed passes on the BAJA. I would suspect the eggs to make it just fine with your setup. I would turnoff the automatic turner, if you have one, and cover the incubator with a towel, just to prevent the heater/airconditioner of the auto effecting the incubator. I would also wedge the incubator on the floor just incase you have to make a sudden stop. Dont want the incubator, eggs and all to go flying off the seat onto the floor because some jerk bows up in front of you.

4. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    thanks guys, i'm happy everything should be fine.

5. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    I traveled with baby parrots in a hospital cage (hatcher) that was seatbelted to backseat.
    used to take them everywhere due to handfeeding.

if you cover with a blanket to stop drafts, everything should be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by