have what looks like blood blister on foot

chickkrzi

Songster
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
Waco texas
Was checking on the little ones today and saw my 9 week old drake limping. Found what looks like a blood blister on webbing . Didn't see any open wounds so I don't think it's a infection. It does seem to bother him as he mostly just sits around. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Wow I have not ever seen something like that on webbing. I would put an Epsom salt compress on it a few times a day for a few days - it is pretty good at drawing and soothing inflammation. I wonder if something bit the duck?

chickkrzi

Songster
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
Waco texas
I don't know but I did find one website were a guy said a scorpion bit his duck on the foot and it swelled up something similar to that. of course his duck at other symptoms as well that my duck doesn't have. we did with some antibacterial cream on it foot And putting him a nice clean environment. I didn't think about soaking his foot thanks for the idea

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
What about an antihistamine cream like benadryl? This is just a thought - I don't know if it's indicated for waterfowl.

Has the E.s. helped any? How is the patient today?

chickkrzi

Songster
8 Years
Dec 8, 2011
Waco texas
Checked on him this afternoon and he seem to be doing a lot better. The blister looks to have drained. But he still walks with a slight limp. Seeing the swelling has gone down I can see a small puncture. Might have stepped on something and injured his foot. Soaked his foot again. Put more cream on. Gave him some meal worms, and clean out his cage and put new bedding in. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

CalleahRose

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 4, 2014
I have the same problem with my duckling i was cleaning out her coop when she ran under me and I accidentally stepped on her foot now she has a blood blister on the webbing of her foot I don't know what I should do about it but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem hope it's not to serious

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
10 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
Epsom salt compresses can help with all kinds of foot injuries. And I rub in a tiny dab of Traumeel on the leg and foot sometimes at bedtime.

Top Bottom