1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you been struck by a chicken?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Luke13:34, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Hi, friends. Have you or a loved one been struck by a chicken? Subsequent times? Would you say that you have a chronic disorder as a result of being struck by chickens on numerous occassions?

Are you worried that your unsurance just won't pay for the medical costs of your pre-existing chicken struckiness?

Worry no more.. according to the Wall Street Journal.. the federal goverment has recently expanded its list of medical codes used by hospitals and physicians from 18,000 to 140,000 different codes.

Including "Struck by Chicken" img/smilies/yippiechickie.gif" alt="yippiechickie" />">http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents/MEDICALCODES0911/#term=Chicken

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Ain't american health insurance just an awesome thing? [​IMG]

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    That's not health, that's big brother... (runs to find the tinfoil hat)

4. Henicillin

Henicillin Pill Counting Pullet

Apr 12, 2011
    East Nassau, NY
    I am thisclose to putting a screenshot of that into one of the health econ/policy lectures I'm revamping (I'm a teaching assistant at my pharmacy alma mater in my spare time). [​IMG]

5. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
  6. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    <probably got one of those codes one of those times we were at the ER [​IMG]

7. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Quote:Would you quit lolligaggin under the bridge they roost at at night? [​IMG]

8. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Quote:Would you quit lolligaggin under the bridge they roost at at night? [​IMG]

I was rescuing it (I worked at a rehab facility (for sea lions!!!), they are a bit cranky when they are sick and/or injured.

9. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    Struck? Like the passed tense of streak? I might be a redneck for that comment.

10. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Other encounter with a Chicken.

Hmmmmmmm.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by