Have you ever called in sick and meant "sick chicken"?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I have - twice this week. My boss was really understanding but I'm not telling my co-workers. No way, no how, nuh-uh.

2. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    Quote:[​IMG]
    I hate that you have sick young un's , but when I read the title of your thread - I laughed !!

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I hope your chickens are doing okay.

You know, the whole work thing is WAY overrated, anyway.

It's great that your boss is so understanding, and no, no way should you let a peep out to your co-workers.

4. Chicken Lil

Chicken Lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    For many years I was a single Mom (now happily remarried), and my youngest DD was chronically ill.

Thank goodness my boss, and company at the time were very understanding. I took sick time to take care of my girl quite a bit for a couple of years when she was at her worst. In my case it got hard to hide it from co workers. Most were sypathetic, but a couple were pretty nasty. Until I said I'd be glad to trade places with them if it meant my kid would be healthy, and they could try having a sick child. That shut them up quick.

Thankfully my current company doesn't have sick time, just paid time off for any reason, and you can call it in if there is a problem. A lot more companies are going that route.

Good luck and I hope your kids have speedy recoveries.

5. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Your story, unfortunately, is so common. It's hard on co-workers when a parent is gone a lot from the workplace, but it's so much more important that the child be well.

BTW... I meant "chickens" not "children". [​IMG]

6. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Chickens ... not yet... notice I say "yet" but I have called in because my dog was sick. [​IMG] Thank god I work with animal lovers. Now I telecommute so it most likely won't come up.

Hope your chickie gets better

Nancy

7. JennsPeeps

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
  8. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Aww I'm so sorry [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

nancy