Have you ever dropped something on your chicks?

lilchickenz

Songster
10 Years
Jul 21, 2013
NWL Michigan
Today I was horrified when a pair of pliers I was using slipped from my hand and all the chicks were at my feet and one of them got hit right on the back of the neck with them :( I tried to pick her up after that but she ran from me. Later she flew up on my lap and I was able to pet her but I'm still not sure if she's alright. Pliers seem so heavy compared to a little 5 week old bird. She also seems more skittish around me now when we were best friends before this happened. I feel so horrible I did this to her :(

dont feel bad, when i first started with guineas i wanted to protect them to the extreem . i put top half of a dog carrier in my coop so they would feel safer and because i was afraid it would tip i brought in some pretty heavy rocks to put on the top. all 3 were running around and they looked so darn cute i wasnt paying enough att. and i dropped a rock one one of them and killed it. i still have the other 2 and they have giving me plenty of beautiful keets but i will never forget that first one
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom