Have you ever had an type of animal you just did NOT like?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ChickenfootDuckbutt, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ChickenfootDuckbutt

ChickenfootDuckbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Was thinking about this earlier, my cousins friend (the exact same one who gave me the agressive tomcat in my other post) is trying to give me his little sisters rabbit [​IMG]

I do NOT like rabbits, I just don't. I think they're adorable and baby rabbits are one of the many cutest things on the planet!, BUT i have had countless rabbits growing up (actually, I can count them, from the time I was 5 to the time I was 11 when I had my very last rabbit,I had gone through 16 rabbits!) I CANNOT keep the suckers alive!, out of the 16 rabbits I have had probably 10 of those were killed by something, 2 died from heat stroke, 1 got out of her hutch and drown in our goldfish pond, I decided to breed a holland lop doe I had, she had 6 babies that were all stillborn over the course of about 5 hours, she built a nest, pulled fur ect. then had all the babies on the wire, she died 2 hours after the last baby was born. and my last few were MEAN.

so that being said, I have a similar track record with rats, and birds(have gone through 4 parakeets, and a cockatiel), infact I am surprised my two european starlings are still kickin' even though the baby I just got died [​IMG], and the longest lived rat I had was 7 months old [​IMG].....[​IMG], and my two male rats up and killed each other one night last year(only had them for 2 months) [​IMG]

SO, I'll stick with cats, and ducks for now, and I want to start breeding Jack dempsey chiclids again as soon as I have a place for the tank.

Anyone else have any animals they will NEVER share their home with again?, and ones you can't live without?

2. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Human children [​IMG]

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Guineas. Sorry to all the guinea lovers.

4. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Yep. Goats. I hate goats, sorry to all of you here with goats, thats wonderful that your goats are so loved, and the kids are adorable. But I had to fix fences and round up all our horses, sheep, and goats too many times to count....all because the dang goats, no matter how much room they had (15+ acres) they would have to be jerks and break down the fences. If I ever get the notion to have goats again it would be with the satisfaction that I would eat them when they get annoying LOL. [​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:The most expensive pet you'll ever have. [​IMG]

6. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    Quote:I agree wholeheartedly!! I have had goats in the past....now I have sheep. I adore my sheep!! They don't tear up fences and they are quite content to keep all 4 feet on the ground. They don't destroy things, they are nice to each other, they stay together in the pasture as a group and they don't INSIST the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, thereby hanging up their horns once again in the fence. I love how little goaties look, but NOT on my place! If someone offered me a free goat I would turn them down flat.

7. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I don't mean to laugh, but dang, you have had some issues. I have a cat, that is over 17 years old that i have never liked. No reason, just never liked him. He is beautiful (or was . . .sort of old and bony and grouchy these days) and people have just been crazy over him (marked like a cougar, very unusual) but I just never cared for this cat and sad thing he LOVES me. Follows me around, loves on me when I am asleep and just generally LOVES me. . .hardly ever meet an animal I don't like, but this guy does the trick!!!

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Peacocks, guineas, rabbits, rats, small yappy or quivery little dogs, and obnoxious cats.

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:I agree wholeheartedly!! I have had goats in the past....now I have sheep. I adore my sheep!! They don't tear up fences and they are quite content to keep all 4 feet on the ground. They don't destroy things, they are nice to each other, they stay together in the pasture as a group and they don't INSIST the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, thereby hanging up their horns once again in the fence. I love how little goaties look, but NOT on my place! If someone offered me a free goat I would turn them down flat.

That's so sad. We've had zero problems out of ours and we have large breed goats.

10. bullyforme

bullyforme Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Trololo farm
    lovebirds. I brought a pair home from the SPCA and they about killed us with their high pitched screaming. Tiny little birds, big obnoxious vocals. I gave them away to a lovebird-lover and didn't miss them one iota.

After our last rabbit, who was very timid and completely without any personality or redeeming qualities I said I'd never keep another. However Princess Nibbles came to live with us at Easter and you would never meet a more personable rabbit. She is tame in fact fresh and sassy, lovable and funny.

But no lovebirds. Ever!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by