Have you ever had one of those days . . . .

math ace

Crowing
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
TWICE today I have work very hard at posting a long reply and gotten locked out of the thread each time!

It took me 10 minute or so each time to put together my posting and got locked out each time !

The first time I was asking for some pictures to be reposted for discussion . . .

The second time I was sending a BIG WELCOME out to some past acquitences.

As long as I don't mention the M _ _ _ _ S word, I should be good and not get this thread shut down!

TOGETHER, these experiences have made for one of those days I don't want to experience again.

MY FRIENDS - - I hope you can find me here = = = Perhaps we could chat for a while.

REMEMBER - - - No M _ _ _ _ _ S words.

Last edited:
So here is the update on all I have been doing for the last couple of weeks . .

I had Dh make an incubator for me. .

I got 1 1/2 dozen delawares and 2 dozen you know what kind of eggs in that incubator - -

We go on lock down this weeked
wee.gif

Last edited:
This has been a wonderful experience for the children !
We were able to candle the delaware eggs and see movement . . .

IT WAS SO COOL.

We could not candle the you know what eggs because they were too darK.

IT is my very first hatch
ya.gif

NOW if everything hatches, I will be in a world of hurt BECAUSE my pen and coop are at max capacity right now. . .
Dh is in the process of building a gazebo right now, so I can not pull him off that job to build a coop.

The weather has been great and if it holds out - - - it will make keeping the babies easier. It was 89 F today. With temps like that, the birds won't need a lot of extra attention. However, if we get some real cold weather soon, I will be introuble.

I've seen some people keep the chicks in swimming pools, but what do they do about the pet cat ? ?

I am not sure I understand what you just said but congratulations anyway on your hatch.....I think.

I still haven't figure out how to keep all them birds separated in that cooler. Someone recommended that I do wire baskets and others recommend bags. My problem is that the eggs are double stacked in the cooler now. . . .
sad.png

I need something like a second shelf in the cooler to add more room for hatching. Then I could do stryofoam dividers, wire baskets, bags, etc. I know I have to get a plan soon because lockdown is just a few days away.
hmm.png

Quote:
Maybe you could put some wire fencing and screen or cheese cloth over it. Just make sure the cat cannot reach them through it. I put mine in the bathroom then down cellar after a month.

Quote:
Thank you pw_quiltworks. My normal "breed" thread has been shut down twice tonight so I am jones just to chat.
What breeds do you have ? ?

Back
Top Bottom