1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you ever had...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jen4, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    One of your roosters take care of baby chicks?

I just went out to check on the chickens for the night and to see if there were any more eggs (1) anyways... BO momma only had 1 of her 4 chickies (almost 2 months old) with her in the nest box where they sleep every night. So I started looking for the other 3... they were under the coop with some of the other chickens and guineas that sleep outside of the coop (there is room for them inside the coop but they wont sleep in there, started months and months ago) so they are all snuggled together under the coop a mixture of BO's, RIR's Its a rooster (chicken noodle) and his girls and 1 or 2 of our guineas. One lil chickie came out to me and I put it in the coop with BO momma and started looking for the other 2... then I saw them all snuggled up to Chicken Noodle, guess hes taking care of them for the night. Wish I would have taken my camera out with me to get a pic. [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Chicken Noodle! Thats so cute! I guess it was his night to babysit!

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Chicken Noodle did a great job babysitting... everyone is happy this morning, those 2 chickies are still with him and the other 2 still inside with their BO Momma.

4. LaSombra

LaSombra Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Washington
    That's so sweet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by