1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you ever heard of a ......

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Have you ever heard of a bantam wyanndotte? (if thats how you spell it) they are smaller then silkies! Do any of you have these birds? Or pics?

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Yeppers. I don't personally have any wyandottes myself. But a simple google search turned up all kinds of pictures and info about them. My neighbor has a LF, and she's sweet as pie.

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I once bid for a pair at an auction... they went to someone else though. Man, are they CUTE!

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I was gonna be getting some silkie bantams in spring to brood my ducks eggs, but I think I want these more... Do you all know if they are broody or not?

5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Most bantam breeds will go broody, Wyandottes included. I found my Cochin bantams to be the best moms, my Silkies were horrible Wyandotte bantams come in quite a few different colors, columbian, buff, blue laced red, silver laced, golden laced etc

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by