Have you ever heard of this breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Anna_MN, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Anna_MN

Anna_MN Chirping

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    A guy came to my house the other day to buy a couple roosters from me. He said that the breed of chicken he raises is called "Tetris". I have never heard of them before and when I tried to do a google search, no pictures came up. Has anyone heard of this breed before?

2. azamazal

azamazal In the Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
    is that how he spelled it? i wouldn't know, i just google stuff too, but it's not on feathersite, at least with that spelling

3. kristip

kristip Songster

Jul 29, 2010
    New Glarus
    Tetra tint... I think it is a sex link. It is an off white bird. Search that one

4. azamazal

azamazal In the Brooder

Dec 12, 2011
  5. ChickenLover WI

ChickenLover WI Chirping

Apr 5, 2012
    Willow Creek Farms
    The tetra tint according with Mt Healthy catalog is: "a cross between a Rhode Island male and a Leghorn female, producing cream colores or tinted eggs". The bird is described as mostly white with at times some brown or even black hightlights. In the catalog the hen in the picture looks llike a off white leghorn.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

It's a Tetra Tint, a newfangled hybrid layer, as I understand it.

7. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Exactly. I remember when they were first introduced a year and a half ago. Had BYC scratching it's collective head for months!

8. Anna_MN

Anna_MN Chirping

Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, MN
    Thanks for the info! He even wrote it down for me as "Tetris" to search and learn about them. He told me they laid brown eggs. Interesting to know!

9. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Crowing

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    That's kind of funny. May be a Tetris is a chicken with red and blue squares on it's feathers? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  10. Aschenfire

Aschenfire Songster

Feb 8, 2012
    Tetris chicken...you drop various blocks on them until you make a complete row of blocks...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: