Have You Ever Seen A Black Guinea??

bout as close as you can get is Royal Purple. Their plumage is black with very few spots and they have a purple iridescent shine when they are hit by the sun.

72852_11_royal_purple_guinea.jpg

This picture probably illustrates the color the best I have ever seen. I had some once.... they didn't get to grow up.... sigh.

I tracked down the origins of the picture and it comes from an Italian paper on Guineas..... Very interesting read much of the information I have been trying to locate online. I book marked it for further reading.... Thank goodness Google can translate Italian...

Quote:
I have a sneaky suspicion that they don't exist the paper where the pictures were posted is from Italy and many many of the pictures were restored from older pictures. I wish they did.... but... maybe more experience people with regard to color will chime in.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
I have a sneaky suspicion that they don't exist the paper where the pictures were posted is from Italy and many many of the pictures were restored from older pictures. I wish they did.... but... maybe more experience people with regard to color will chime in.

Oh that would be sad, but I understand a black & white old pic changed over to color could be altered without intent.​

When I googled them, it appears they are a separate variety from the helmeted. Wild in Africa of course. So Migt not make a very good domestic bird. Plus they look pretty ugly grown! But I probally didn't think helmeted guineas were pretty a few yrs ago either.

Back
Top Bottom