1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you ever seen such long spurs?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Red Rooster, Sep 21, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Here's my Butter Cup rooster. He had the biggest spurs I have ever seen!

Post piuctures of our longest spurs!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh goodness! Those look deadly! How old is your rooster?

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Grief!

4. The Red Rooster

Quote:I was told he was 3 years old. The picture isn't showing all of the spurs!!

5. holy cow!!!!!!!! [​IMG] I would get those broken off/cut whatever it is called ASAP!!!!!!!

It also looks like his toenails are out of control as well? Was he allowed to roam on the ground? or was he perch kept?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  6. The Red Rooster

Quote:He passed away [​IMG] We cut them to about half a inch. We also cut his toe nails. This picture was when we first got him.

7. Oh... I am so sorry to hear that. [​IMG] his spurs are just the biggest I have ever seen!

8. The Red Rooster

Quote:Yes they are! The people I bought them from must have never trimed them. I don't know what he died from. He seemed to get more tired everyday until he died. Poor rooster. He was very sweet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by