1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you ever taken an Aptitude test?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Buff Hooligans, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    That's "aptitude", not attitude!

I'm trying to take a series of six aptitude tests. I've done two so far ("Business" and "Clerical") and found out what I already know. When I take the Numerical and Mechanical, I bet I'll find out even more about what I DON'T know.

Anyway, if you've taken an aptitude test, has it rung true to what you're really good at, or what you are doing with your life now?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I took one - it told me I should be a counselor for drug addicts. No one even bothered to notice that with my personality I would have killed someone for being hard headed (I am a former addict) and not quitting. I would SUCK at that job.

Now I am an Office Manager for a transit authority....

3. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

hey ,
    i am applying for a new job after being employed for 6 years at the present one and before that was owner operator of my own restaurant for 12 years sooooooooooooooo.............. i have been brushing up on some of my skills , there is actually a place on our library web site wher you can test yourself so i have been using it and also dowloaded a test for typing and data entry , they both seemed very accurate . hope this helps , here is the link to the learn-a-test web site , create an account and sign in , its free .
    sorry its kinda long LOL!!

http://learnatest.com/MyAccount/Lib...19f904050-871865F8-BCDF-04A2-B19EB184B5C5F31E

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  4. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Took one in high school. Told me to work as a brick mason or at McDonalds.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've taken many different tests over the years and most have been right on. They've said I should be a writer, teacher, public speaker, somewhere in communications, all along that line.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Boy did you screw up on THAT test !!!

8. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Yes, I've taken a few aptitude tests (high school, college, business), which MOSTLY rang true. Of course, very few things completely assess who and what you are.

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    my high school tests said I should do something with mechanical things, just because I could tell which way a series of gears were going [​IMG] wow

10. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:thats still you, when i tried to start a test it came up with your info

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by