Have you ever thought of......

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by j71, Jun 22, 2010.

1. j71

j71 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    We just opened the pool the other day....not fully ready yet but we are close....

So, the skimmer basket ...I went to empty.....man, must have been 50 lil dead creatures/bugs/things in there...I went to dump it and then thought.....hmmm......what if.....maybe.......lets try....

I walk over to the run and dump all bugs into the run.......within seconds....gone. [​IMG]

Free bugs...just check your pool filter baskets [​IMG]

2. delfargo

delfargo Chillin' With My Peeps

as a former pool owner, my only concern would be that the bugs and who-knows-what-else have been soaking in the pool water, full of chemicals and bleach. i remember all the gross stuff that collects in the skimmer basket. i don't think i'd wanna eat that stuff. i don't know..... just sounds like a bad idea.

3. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Pool and chicken owner here, no way I would give to my birds, way tooooooo many chemicals.

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    But you'll swim in it and absorb all that through your skin. [​IMG]

Sorry, it just struck me as really funny.

5. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    I weigh a great DEAL more than a four pound bird or a half ounce bug. They are soaking in the stuff for days on in.....ick.

6. j71

j71 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2009
    Understood bout all the chemicals n stuff....it actually dawned on me while I was driving home.....hmmm, I thought... [​IMG]
    I mean, my girls often wander into our neighbors yards....eat'n who knows what...could be Scott turf builder (doubt they are but...I really do not know for sure...) [​IMG] Anywho...The girls are super fine 24hours later....all produced solid eggs today....[​IMG] I prob wont offer up the pool 'bucket O Nasty' anymore just cuz....wouldnt want to do any unneccesary harm to my feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by