Have you ever walked a hen/roo???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MonkeyZero, Aug 11, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Well I got the weirdest idea. How about walking a chicken? Stick on a collar and a leash. Maybe a harness. I tried a collar and a leash on my oegb but she got out. ANyone walked a chicken??????

2. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    one of my bf's dads had a pet chicken and they tied a string to its leg ¢¾

3. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

My dad knew a guy who had a chicken that would perch on a stick carried on his shoulder and go everywhere with him.

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    When I take my chooks out like to our churches easter egg hunt they each will wear a dog halter and are tied to a stake. Some figure it out better than others. Some don't even realize they are tied and others just sit and pout.

5. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    I have a "H" style harness and leash for mine but they don't really "walk"....They just stand around doing "chicken" things so It's just go the the park for a scratch-n-peck.

The best thing is the "H" harness really supports her by the body so if a dog comes running by I can shatch her up real quick before she gets hurt.

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Yes...Obelisk went around the same danged tree like 30 times before I dropped the leash and let her keep going...I think she wore a trench around it...sigh.

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    [​IMG]

8. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    That is a great pic! We all need more excersize!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by