1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Have you ever wanted to kill your husband?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by CarriBrown, Jun 19, 2007.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Today, when I refer to "DH", I mean DUMB HUSBAND. His job is to put the chickens away at night, and that includes a head count and searching around the coop to make sure everyone is in bed.
    I went out last night after he put them away because, well, I was in an awful mood and I wanted to hug a fluffy butt!
    I went in the coop to find my little Potpie (the new BLRW that loves to cuddle and kiss) and she was NOWHERE. Not around anywhere. I started to panic. Where is she? Why is she not running up to me? What happened to her? I started searching around the yard, dreading what I was going to find.
    But what I ended up finding was Potpie in a pile of old shavings, scratching around!!! [​IMG] I scooped her up, got my cuddles, and proceeded to go inside and threaten DH (DUMB husband, just in case you forgot) within an inch of his life. :thun Little Potpie is only two months old and isn't very freeranging savvy yet.
    UGHHHHH. [​IMG] OK I'm done.

Here is a pic of my baby. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    MMMM Have I ever wanted to kill my DH...that's big YES!!!! Glad you found your Potpie, though. Cute name, btw!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh, Im so glad she is ok.....I was reading that post as fast as my little mind could comprehend. Just waite till HIS favorite girl is left out....he might not act like he has a favorite...but he does..im sure. [​IMG]

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Oh, he does. I know who she is, too!!!! But I wouldn't put my babies in danger just to prove a point. I WILL nag and b**ch at him, though!! [​IMG]

5. kansas_twister

kansas_twister Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2007
    s.w. kansas
    lol i would too, although if i didn't do it right he would be the one booking me in for murder

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Ya'll got to quit announcing to everyone when you plan on killing the DH's off. You got tons of witnesses that you made the threat.

Just do the deed and bury him under the chicken poo. You can blame the smell on the poo. Toss on some lime to take care of "things".

Man, I've been watching too much CSI

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  7. chickchair

chickchair Rest in Peace 1959-2011

Jan 3, 2007
    I have four private acres.....jes sayin'.....
    [​IMG]

8. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    "Have you ever wanted to kill your husband?"

This was a rhetorical question, wasn't it???

[​IMG]

I'm glad you found her safe and sound.

9. Robertthe Roo

Robertthe Roo Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2007
    North Carolina
    You chicks are nuts!!!!!! Glad I'm not in your coop.

Robert the Roo(chicks wanted uhm uhm but not these)

10. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    His job is to put the chickens away at night, and that includes a head count and searching around the coop to make sure everyone is in bed.

You know the old wives saying......"If you want it done right, do it yourself."

And you know how many BYC'ers deal with things that threaten the lives of their dearly beloved feathered friends....SSS.

But there's really no need for bloodshed. There is another option......make him wish he were dead.....​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by