Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by minna, Feb 1, 2009.

1. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    Got a new chicken and then decide you didn't really like her. I decided last weekend that I wanted to get some EE's and get them settled and laying by Easter at least. I thought it would be fun for the kids to have some pretty mulitcolored eggs. So I found a gorgeous brown(not sure what you would call her coloring) EE and loved her, so I bought her. This weekend, we were looking a chickens, dh bought some barred rocks, a guy had 3 pens of EE's. My dh doesn't like them and says they are just game chickens, but I was determined to get me a pair or maybe a trio. And so far I only had 1. I looked and found one with what I thought was pretty coloring. In those transport cages you can't really see a lot except for the coloring. It was almost dark when we got home and dh took all the chickens out to the barn. Today, I went out and was feeding and playing with them, moving some around b/c we got a new pen. And I realized, I don't really like her. She is funny looking when you can actually see her. I'm just not feeling the love and I feel horrible about it. I'm just wondering if I am the only hypocrite who just figured out I am not in love with all chickens. I somehow missed a pic of my EE I love when I was taking pics, but here is the one I'm not sure what to do with, I guess just wait and see if she lays pretty eggs. I feel sad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dr.Doorlock

Dr.Doorlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Garland, Texas
    I guess beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. My 7 girls are just RIR with some white feathers - real mongrels, but I think they are cute as they can be. I guess I just got it bad.

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Oh I think she is cute maybe she will grow on you.

4. minna

minna Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Burnsville, MS
    I'm hoping she will grow on me. I'm not usually picky when it comes to chickens. I love my showgirl to death, and you can't get much more odd looking than that. I don't know what it is, every other chicken we have got I am just in love with, but this one isn't clicking. [​IMG]

5. kobesmom81

kobesmom81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Atwater, CA
    I know how you feel! I had to have a Silkie roo and couldn't wait until my babies grew up to see if they were roos so we bought one at a show. He's the ugliest thing ever but at the time he was so ugly he was cute. For the first couple weeks I would try to spend time and bond with him and then I realized that he's just not really friendly and most of the time I think he'd like to peck me. Which he did try once, but quickly learned who the boss was. He was also mean to my younger silkies. At first we thought he was trying to mate but they others were only a few months old. Needless to say, he has his own bachleor pad and I still go out and talk to him and pet him everyday and it makes no difference. We have tried to sell him cuz he's a good rooster, he just needs friends his size that would put him in his place. Nobody wants him and I can't even seem to give him away. I feel bad cuz I had to have him which is why I give him attention even though I don't really like him. I just keep hoping that one day he will start to love me a little or that someone will want him and give him a good home!
    Here's some pics of the little booger!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by