Have you every hurt or almost hurt one of the kids?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Sep 27, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Well trying to catch one of the little 5 week old chicks I stumbled and almost fell forward onto 2 or 3 of them [​IMG] . Boy are they quick if they want to be [​IMG] . The more I tried to catch just this one to clip her wings short because she flys onto the top of the coop and fence and excapes [​IMG] . I am getting more and more frustrated after each attempt and getting mad and ticked at me for falling [​IMG] , fumbling around and basically being retarded in my attempts!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I gave up and came in here mad at myself for not being smarter than a dumb chicken. [​IMG]

Had to VENT!!!! [​IMG]

Steve

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    sounds like treat time - here chickie chickie [​IMG]

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:No she is a tuff one. 2 weeks new and still a bit wild and shy to me. I hand feed them all but to get her to come alone and get it , good luck. I will get her just not today!!

4. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Whoa, she may be too young to have those wings clipped, do you know about blood feathers? I'd hate for you to accidentally clip those wings too early and her bleed to death!

5. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    Yeah, don't clip baby feathers. Also, you can easily catch chickens when they go to bed (provided it's not in the top of a tree). Have you tried using a pool/fish net? That way, it's 'plop' the net over them, not falling on them! But nets can damage chicks too - they can get tangled up, it's a tricky business. Don't let a kid do it - - -

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by